Entry requirements: General requirements for university studies and the equivalent of English B (Field-specific entry requirements 2, exception made for Modern language)
Selection: 1/3 on the basis of upper secondary school grades, 1/3 on the basis of the Swedish University Aptitude Test, 1/3 on the basis of previous university credits (Max. 165 credits may be taken into account)
- Closed... SS13 week 04-13, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-24268
- Application AS13 week 35-43, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-42030
- 16/09/2013 SS14 week 04-13, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-42031
Academic Writing in English
Course 15 credits
This course is for students who plan to write a Bachelor’s or Master’s dissertation.
The course deals with the basics of academic writing, along with the analysis of different types of texts with regard to argumentation and rhetorical strategies. Students learn basic skills in academic writing through written assignments, such as essays, letters of application, and a CV.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2013
The course is taught in seminars.
On completion of the course the student has
Knowledge and understanding
- the basics skills of academic writing in English and the rhetoric strategies required
- an ability to analyse academic texts in English;
- an ability to analyse different types of expository texts;
- an ability to write academic texts in English relatively correctly, and to use and identify sources;
- an ability to analyse English language texts regarding language, structure and argument.
Continuous assessments of written assignments.
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Please contact the Study Information Desk for information about earlier versions of the syllabus.
Study Information Desk
Do you have questions about this course? Please contact the Study Information Desk
Read more about the School of Culture and Education
The Study information pages have practical information about studying and support services for students at Södertörn University