Entry requirements: General requirements for university studies, English B and Civics A (Field-specific entry requirement 6)
Selection: 1/3 on the basis of upper secondary school grades, 1/3 on the basis of the Swedish University Aptitude Test, 1/3 on the basis of previous university credits (Max. 165 credits may be taken into account)
- Closed... SS13 week 04-08, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-17448
- 16/09/2013 SS14 week 04-08, fulltime100%, day. Application code: SH-43020
Nordic Politics in Comparative Perspective
Course 7,5 credits
This course comprises an introduction to political actors and institutions in the Nordic countries - Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. It primarily addresses political parties, elections and organised interests.
The below information comes from the syllabus and is valid from: spring semester 2013
The course consists of lectures and seminars.
On completion of the course, students is able to:
- show a good understanding of basic political institutions in the Nordic countries
- show familiarity with some of the theories used to study politics
- compare different states according to these theories
- verbally and in writing show further experience of group discussions, collaboration and expression of ideas
The main form of assessment is an essay. Satisfactory participation in lectures and seminars, and the successful completion of certain assignments are necessary in order to pass the course. Satisfactory participation includes reasonable preparation.
Grading criteria will be distributed at course/module start.
The above information and syllabus are based on the most recently validated decision. Please contact the Study Information Desk for information about earlier versions of the syllabus.
Har du frågor kring denna kurs? Kontakta Utbildningsexpedition Samhällsvetenskaper - ME514
Läs mer om vad som finns på Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
På sidorna för Studieinformation hittar du information om studier vid Södertörns högskola, anmälan och antagning, examen, att studera utomlands och mycket mer.